Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Unholy Embrace a vampire novel by Neil Benson - an Excerpt


Nessa stared at me. “Frank, are you okay?”
            I nodded. My heart still beat rapidly, and I could barely swallow. I looked up at the night the sky, noting the three-quarter moon. “No full moon?”
“They can inject themselves with a serum that enables them to take on a werewolf shape whenever they choose,” she said.
            The werewolves terrified me, but the creature Nessa became frightened me almost as much. I stepped back and watched her fangs disappear as her eyes returned to normal.
She stared at me, and then reached out.
I moved away from her.
“What's the matter?”
“Seeing you like that. What you did. I'm shaken.”
“I never wanted you to see me as a vampire. I am sorry the attack by the werewolves put you in danger. Please come to my apartment so we can talk about what happened.” Nessa rubbed my back. “A strong drink will calm you.”
I took another step backward, not sure if I was safe with her.
“I would never hurt you.” She sighed. “Please trust me.”
“Okay,” I whispered, still numb from what I had just witnessed, wondering what she would tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment