Thursday, April 15, 2010

Unholy Embrace vampire novel by Neil Benson - battling vampires through the centuries

Nessa's Story

1697

At a party given by one of the richest merchants in Vienna, I noticed a pale skinned, dark-haired man. I watched him survey the people in the room and immediately knew what he was. I did my best to stay out of his way the rest of the evening, but towards the end of the party, I was tapped on the shoulder.

“Excuse me,” someone said.

When I turned around, I was facing the dark haired vampire.

“I noticed you watching me earlier this evening,” he said.
“Perhaps we could get acquainted?”

“I do not think that would be a good idea.”

“But I do.” He grabbed my wrist, pulled me into a side room, and then closed the door. “Who are you? I have never seen you before.” His eyes flashed as he opened his mouth, showing his incisors.

I pulled his hand off my wrist and twisted his arm until he faced the floor. “I do not like people putting their hands on me without my permission.”

When he stood up, he looked at me with widened eyes.

“Leave me alone,” I said heatedly.

“There are others you will have to answer to who are much more powerful than me.”

“Tell them what I told you.” I left the room. Though I was contemptuous of the creature, I realized his threat was probably true.

http://neilbenson-horrorandfantasyauthor.blogspot.com/p/unholy-embrace-by-neil-benson-first.html

No comments:

Post a Comment