Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Unholy Embrace - A vampire novel by Neil Benson - Nessa Describes her meeting with Pablo Picasso


When you live for centuries as I have, your see firsthand how art continuously evolves. The Impressionists, whom I loved dearly, had their moment in the sun, and then the next Revolution in art began. Pablo Picasso, at the forefront of current changes, unveiled a new concept with his Blue Period paintings. After moving to Paris in 1904, he frequented the home of Gertrude and Leo Stein.

One Saturday night, I saw him on the other side of the room. He looked at me, gestured to Gertrude, and they walked in my direction. I smiled inwardly, wondering what he had in mind. Pablo had a notorious reputation as a seducer of women.

“Nessa, this is my good friend Pablo Picasso,” Gertrude said.

“Mr. Picasso, it is a pleasure to meet you. I have seen your work, and I think it is marvelous.”

Pablo Picasso 1962
Pablo Picasso 1962 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
“The pleasure is all mine,” Pablo said in a purring voice. “Please call me Pablo.”

“If you will both excuse me, I need to attend to other guests.” Gertrude walked away.

Pablo took me by the arm and maneuvered me into a remote corner.

“I find you attractive and would like to meet with you sometime.” He stroked my arm.

“I do not think that would be a good idea.”

“Many times women say no when they really mean yes.” His fingers strayed from my arm to my breast.

When I took hold of his fingers and squeezed, his eyes opened wide. “Gentlemen should always understand the meaning of the word no.”

After snatching his fingers from my grasp, he turned about and walked away.




http://www.amazon.com/Unholy-Embrace-ebook/dp/B003O2SE0O/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment