Monday, May 20, 2013

Attacked by a psychic vampire. . A mostly fictional story by Neil Benson .


Attacked by a psychic vampire. . A mostly fictional story.

I sat on my favorite stool in my neighborhood pub drinking a pint of my favorite brew when a black-haired, swarthy man of middle height approached me. I looked at him while he stared at me. I turned away, hoping he would disappear into the men's room. Unfortunately, I could feel his eyes boring into my back, and knew he wouldn't go away.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked him in the face. "Is there something you want?"

He continued staring at me without showing any indication he had heard what I had said.

"Okay, stare away," I said, and glared at him. After a while, the intensity of his gaze became disconcerting.

"You are the person that wrote the article stating that psychic vampirism is nonsense?" he asked in a strange foreign accent.

"I wrote a post on my blog to that effect," I replied.

"Same thing," he said. "You think psychic vampirism is a joke?"

" I don't know if it's a joke, but it's certainly not real." His intense gaze continued to bother me.  more.........

The rest of the story is contained in my anthology, Dark Journeys available on Amazon Kindle. 






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment